The 2019 Rizoma Design Challenge
Terms and conditions
1. Rizoma USA Inc. is owned by Rizoma S.r.l.
Legal address: 275 Conover St Suite 5P Brooklyn NY 11231
2. Rizoma USA Inc. sets forth the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) which regulate the design competitions (the “Competitions”) hosted on https://rizomadesignchallenge.com (the “Website”). Competitions hosted on the Website are organized and administered by Rizoma USA Inc. (the “Organizer”). All applicants (the “Entrants”) to the Competition must agree to and adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Rizoma USA Inc. reserves the right to assign judges, agents, or other authorized administrator to administer its competitions, including making any decision or exercising such decisions at its discretion.
4. Rizoma USA Inc. reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Rizoma USA Inc. may also create rules, which will apply to a specific competition only.
5. By entering a competition, the Entrant agrees to these Terms and Conditions set out below and agrees that all submissions adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
6. Rizoma USA Inc. competitions are open to any US residents (“Entrants”) aged 18 and over. An individual aged over 18 years must represent entrants under 18 years of age. Entrants residing outside of the US may apply, but are subject to exclusion as they must have a current shipping address in the 48 continental United States.
7. Employees of Rizoma USA Inc. and members of the judging panel are prohibited from entering the competition.
8. In order to participate in the Competition, Entrants must register through Rizoma USA Inc. submission panel (“Registration”).
9. Entrants must enter individually. Any collaborations and teams must enter under one individual’s name.
10. Submission content and assets ("Submission") must be the original work of the Entrant.
11. Submission presentation materials must not have been previously commercially published by any of the Entrants. However submission materials may have been used in any academic presentations.
12. Entrants are prohibited from the sale, assignment, or transfer of any of their submission rights to a third party.
13. All Submissions must conform to the Rules and Guidelines set out in the Competition Brief.
14. Submissions to the Competition should be made solely through the specified application page process. Submissions by other delivery method will not automatically be considered and are subject to rejection.
15. Once a submission is received, the Entrant will receive an automatically generated confirmation email. Multiple submissions are permitted. The Entrant may continue to upload submission edits through the Website submission panel up until the Submission deadline.
Ensuring the Integrity of the Competition
16. To ensure Entrant anonymity and to protect the integrity of the Competition, upon registering with and submitting work to Rizoma USA Inc., each Entrant’s submitted info will be under expressed use by Rizoma USA Inc. All information collected regarding the Entrant will be stored on their database.
17. All Submissions shall be devoid of any marks, logos, symbols, or signs that may identify its authority or source.
18. The judging panel will be made aware of an Entrant's’ identity only after the winners have been selected.
19. By entering the competition, the Entrant acknowledges and accepts that all aspects of any Submission - including but not limited to narratives, descriptions, details, images, illustrations, and animations - may be used by the Organizer for publicity purposes.
20. Publications advertised in the Competition Brief are not binding to the Organizer. The Organizer shall make an effort to follow the announced Publication schedule, but can not be held responsible for Publishers' decisions.
21. Submissions that do not comply with the submission guidelines or contain any registered trademarks or designs shall be disqualified. Rizoma USA Inc. is under no obligation to notify the Entrant of the disqualified or unused Submission.
22. All Submissions received after the Submission closing date will be automatically disqualified.
Cancellation of the Competition
23. Rizoma USA Inc. reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Competition or alter the Competition rules at any stage, if in its opinion it is considered necessary, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Selection of the Winner
24. The decision of the Judges Panel is final, no appeals will be entertained and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
25. If the selected winning Entrant can not accept, receive or becomes ineligible for the prize for any reason, the prize shall be awarded to the next highest ranking Submission from the remaining entries that meet the winning criteria.
26. Unless stated otherwise, Organizers association with the Competition judges is not legally binding and does not imply any contract or partnership.
27. Prizes are announced in the Competition Brief.
28. Rizoma USA Inc. will endeavor to send prizes within 30 working days after the Competition close.
Publicity and Promotion
29. Upon request Entrants agree to participate in Promotional activities and Publicity arrangements in respect to the Competition. The Organizer is authorized to use all statements made by the Entrant in connection with the Competition without additional approval.
30. Organizer reserves the right to run promotions on the Website, as well as to discontinue any of its promotions at any time.
Intellectual Property Right and Copyright
31. Intellectual property Right and Copyright of Rizoma USA Inc. Competitions are governed by copyright laws of the United States.
32. No Entrants shall receive or be entitled to receive any payment in any form for Submissions or for granting the Organizer right of their use, other than Competition Prize winning Submissions as advertised in the Competition Brief.
33. By entering the Competition all Entrants grant to the Organizer an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable and royalty-free license (but not the obligation) to use his/her Submission as follows: 1)Publicly display by any means and in any media now and hereafter known, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, archive and distribute in relation to Competition and Publicity purposes without any further notice or remuneration to the Entrant. 2)Use of submissions for potential creative applications or influence on future Competition assets produced by Rizoma USA Inc.
34. All credits in connection with the Submission are associated with the registered Entrant’s name. Organizer shall (but is not obliged to) make a reasonable effort to display the author's name on any Submission whenever published or otherwise featured after the Public Voting Period.
35. By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Organizer and its partners, representatives and judges from any claims, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including attorney’s fees and settlement fees) arising out of their participation, Entrants participation, Submission or any Competition related activities.
36. By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, and indemnify the Organizer and its partners, representatives and judges from any claims, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including attorney’s fees and settlement fees) brought by any third party against the Organizer due to or arising out of the Entrant's Submission, Organizer’s use of Entrant's Submission or Entrant's participation in competition, including claims for copyright and trademark infringement.
37. By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree that any disputes, claims and causes of action between Entrant and Organizer arising out of or connected with a Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of legal action or class action. In case of the legal action or a claim, brought by the Entrant against the Organizer or its agents the Entrant shall pay Rizoma USA Inc.’s or its agent’s attorneys’ fees and legal costs arising from the claim should it fail.
38. Unless otherwise stated, Competitions are design concept only and do not imply Organizers intention for the proposals to be constructed or built.
39. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and in accordance with US law.